He leads the Movement for Democratic Change (MDC), which is opposed to Mugabe's party, the Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front (ZANU-PF).
What does ZANU-PF stand for?
ZANU-PF stands for Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Zarthushti Anjuman of Northern California (Zoroastrian association; San Jose, CA)
- Zero Administration Network Distribution Agent
- Zambia National Federation of the Blind
- Zanzibar Non-Governmental Organization Cluster (Tanzania)
- Zambia News and Information Services
- Zemira Alajbegovi and Neven Korda (videographic art team; Slovenia)
- Zimbabwe African National Liberation Army
- Zoroastrian Association of North Texas (religious group; Flower Mound, TX)
- Zimbabwe African National Union
- Zimbabwe African National Union (Patriotic Front)
- Zambia National Union of Teachers
- Zarathustrian Association of New Zealand
- Aluminium Doped Zinc Oxide (material for producton of organic light-emitting diodes)
- Zakrytoe Aktsionernoe Obschestvo (Russian: Closed Joint Stock Corporation)
- Zenith Angle Offset
- Zimbabwe AIDS Orphans
- Zero Age of Data
- Zweckverband Abfallwirtschaft Oberes Elbtal (German: Waste Management Senior - Zweckverband Elbe Valley)
- Zero Accident Program
- Zero Administration Package
Samples in periodicals archive:
Our resources are ours, they belong to Zimbabweans, they belong to the sons and daughters of Zimbabwe and those who want to share our resources must get our permission to do so," Mugabe told mourners at the burial of a stalwart from his Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front party in the capital.
In addition to stabilizing the economy, the political agreement, under which Robert Mugabe (the long-time leader of the ruling party, Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front [ZANU-PF]) remains president and Morgan Tsvangirai, (the leader of the Movement for Democratic Change) becomes prime minister, also recognizes the need to respect differences of political opinion.
Mugabe's government embarked on haphazard and sometimes violent land reforms led by supporters of the ruling Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front party.
This is forcing ordinary people to be dishonest,' he said, noting that many people have two cards, one for the ruling Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front and the other showing membership of the opposition Movement for Democratic Change.
As expected, the Secretary of State's remarks drew a stern response from Didymus Mutasa, Foreign Affairs secretary for the governing Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front.
The Mugabe led Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front (ZANU-PF) has ruled Zimbabwe since independence from Britain in 1980, when it took control as the magnanimous liberators from white-ruled Rhodesia.
Mugabe's Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front won 55 of Parliament's 120 elected seats, compared to 34 for the main opposition Movement for Democratic Change, the national election commission announced.