XACML is part of the growing portfolio of OASIS Standards for security, which also includes the Application Vulnerability Description Language (AVDL), SAML, Service Provisioning Markup Language (SPML), WS-Security, and XML Common Biometric Format (XCBF).
What does XCBF stand for?
XCBF stands for XML Common Biometric Format
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Extensible Communications Automation Framework and Environment
- eXternal Calibrator
- Xenopus Chromosome-Associated Protein (biochemistry)
- XML Configuration Access Protocol (network protocol)
- Air Alert - Close Air Support
- X-Com Alliance Sim
- Explicit Multi-Unicast (formerly Explicit Multicast)
- Explicit Multicast (now Explicit Multi-Unicast)
- X Protocol C Binding
- X-Chromatin Body (genetics)
- XML Common Business Library
- Cross Country Competition
- Expansion Cross-Connect (Module; Eastern Research)
- X.25 Control Center
- Xerxes Computer Corporation (Bloomington, MN)
- XML Commerce Connector (Commerce One, Inc.)
- Xstrata Canada Corporation (mining)
- Extensible Configuration Checklist Description Format (specification language; US DOC)
- X Common Client Interface
Samples in periodicals archive:
16, 2003 The OASIS standards consortium today announced that its members have approved the XML Common Biometric Format (XCBF) version 1.
PKI serves as a foundation for other Web services standards, and the new technical committee joins the growing body of security specifications being developed within OASIS, such as WS-Security, the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), the XML Access Control Markup Language (XACML), the Rights Language, the Service Provisioning Markup Language (SPML) and XML Common Biometric Format (XCBF) and the Digital Signature Services (DSS) protocol.