Senegal and members of the West African Economic and Monetary Union (UEMOA*) completed a major step towards introducing Islamic financial services later this year following a review of the region's financial regulations.
What does WAEMU stand for?
WAEMU stands for West African Economic and Monetary Union
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of WAEMU in our Acronym Attic
- Wireless Acoustic Electric Feedthrough
- When All Else Fails, Follow Directions
- When All Else Fails, Read Directions
- When All Else Fails Read The Flipping Manual
- World Association of Eclectic Hypnotherapists
- West Alabama and East Mississippi
- Western Association of Exhibition Management
- Western and English Manufacturers Association
- West Africa Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
- Wyoming Ambulance & Emergency Medical Services Association
- West African Enterprise Network
- Wisconsin Association of Equal Opportunity (Milwaukee, WI)
- World Aerospace Education Organization (International Headquarters: Cairo, Egypt)
- Washington Association of Educational Office Professionals
- Wisconsin Association of Educational Opportunity Program Personnel
- Weighted Average Exercise Price (finance)
- World Accredited Expert Practitioner (World Certification Institute)
- Wrong Arithmetic Expression in Parameter of Function Call (software fault)
- Worldwide Assurance for Employees of Public Agencies
- Weighted Acoustic Echo Path Loss (telecommunications)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With this, the bank has increased its existing regional securities capabilities to comprise West African Economic and Monetary Union (UEMOA) region.
Ivory Coast was until recently the leading oil producer in the eight-nation West African Economic and Monetary Union accusing Abidjan of claiming part of its maritime space.
The industry, whose products include books, textbooks and newspapers, was represented by firms from the Central Africa Economic and Monetary Community and the West African Economic and Monetary Union.
West African leaders named a former minister from Ivory Coast (BCEAO) at a meeting of the West African Economic and Monetary Union, WAEMU, the current chairman of the Union, welcomed the presence of Ouattara at the meeting.
Minister of Higher Education, Professor Amadou Tidiane Ba has declared that the African Development Bank (AfDB) has sanctioned 24 billion FCFA (US$52 million) for harmonization of higher education reforms based on the Bologna structure in the eight countries belonging to the West African Economic and Monetary Union.
The outgoing president of the West African Economic and Monetary Union (WAEMU (BCEAO, was forced to resign in January for not respecting a decision of the union to give Ouattara control of Ivory Coast assets lodged with the bank.
In a further blow, they asked Alassane Ouattara for a meeting of the West African Economic and Monetary Union (WAEMU.