All three organizations SAE International, DIN and the IEEE-SA already have made significant contributions in standards in areas such as EVs, vehicle-to-grid (V2G) communications, power and the smart grid.
What does V2G stand for?
V2G stands for Vehicle-to-Grid
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Voodoo 2 Graphics Card
- Vector Two-Dimensional Finite-Difference Time-Domain (mathematical analysis)
- Valleys to Coast (housing association; Bridgend, Wales, UK)
- Venture to Capital (investing)
- Voltage to Current
- Variable-Volume Chamber Cannon
- Version 2 Data Adaptor
- Voice to Enterprise (Forrester Research)
- Video to Flash (software)
- Vision 2000 Fund (est. 1994)
- Minimum Take-Off Steady Speed (aviation)
- Voice and Video Over Internet Protocol
- Virtual to Physical
- Vasopressin-2 Receptor
- Vehicle-to-Roadside (wireless vehicle communication)
- Virtual to Real
- Vision to Reality (mobile computing; Schriesheim, Germany)
- V-Groove on Two Sides (lumber)
Samples in periodicals archive:
While its counterpart, vehicle-to-grid (V2G), requires many vehicles to be aggregated to provide a useful amount of power to support the grid, and is also limited by the extent that grid operators are incentivized to develop the market structures and technologies, even a single PEV can be of value to a commercial or residential building.
The product is commonly referred to as a vehicle-to-grid system.
The annual conference features information about plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, charting station logistics, vehicle-to-grid and grid-to-vehicle interaction, battery technology surges, vision and opportunity for solar, wind and public utilities, fleet applications and regional pilot projects.
A major difference between this bus project and earlier projects is Hydrogenics' proprietary vehicle-to-grid technology.
All three organizations--SAE International, DIN and the IEEE-SA--already have made significant contributions in standards in areas such as EVs, vehicle-to-grid (V2G) communications, power and the smart grid.
PEV telematics would also aid in vehicle-to-grid (V2G) energy transfer, which will tap the energy stored in PEVs to help manage demand response and balance the grid, Pike Research said.
What and where are the active plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) and vehicle-to-grid (V2G) projects?