The Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church (UAOC) was the smallest of the three Orthodox churches in the country; it was founded in 1919 in Kiev.
What does UAOC stand for?
UAOC stands for Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Upper Air Observatory
- Upper Airway Obstruction
- Upper-Air Observation
- Uppsala Astronomical Observatory (Uppsala, Sweden)
- Urgent Attention Of
- Urumqi Astronomical Observatory
- Utility Agency Owner
- United Animal Owners Alliance
- Utah Advising and Orientation Association
- Upper Air Observation (US DoD)
- United Ancient Order of Druids
- Unofficial At0micans Overclockers Database
- Ukrainische Autokephale Orthodoxe Kirche (German: Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church)
- Upper Airway Opening Pressure
- Ulster Agricultural Organisation Society (Portadown, Northern Ireland, UK)
- Upper Avondale Oil Syndicate (UK)
- User Alliance for Open Systems
- Uganda Association of Occupational Therapists
- Union Avenue Opera Theatre (St. Louis, MO)
- Union Aéronautique Orléans Vol Libre Colonel Morlaix (French: Colonel Morlaix Free Flight Aviation Union Orleans; Orleans, France)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Representatives of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church-Kyivan Patriarchate, the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church, the Georgian Orthodox Church, Protestant denominations and religious organizations, and representatives of the government came as guests to the celebration.
In Summer 1992 the Ukrainian Orthodox Church united with the much smaller Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church (UAOC), a body that had been kept alive in the Ukrainian diaspora which had returned to Ukraine in the late 1980s.
The independent Orthodox Church/Kyiv Patriarchate (3,000 parishes) and the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church (1,000 parishes) have signed an agreement to seek unity among themselves.