As the station continues to grow, Canadarm's presence will be complemented by the arrival of the next generation Canadarm, the Space Station Remote Manipulator System, early next year.
What does SSRMS stand for?
SSRMS stands for Space Station Remote Manipulator System
This definition appears frequently
- Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource (formerly Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Laboratory; National Accelerator Laboratory; Menlo Park, CA)
- Super Speed Racing League
- Safe Stor Records Management (Canada)
- Scanning Spreading Resistance Microscopy
- Secondary Serum Reference Materials (chemistry)
- Session Services and Resource Management
- State-Specific and Regional Migration (Australia)
- Strap-On Solid Rocket Motor (additional solid rocket motors to increase mass liftoff capacity)
- Southside Regional Medical Center (Virginia)
- Swiss Society of Radiobiology and Medical Physics
- National Sample Survey of Registered Nurses (US DHHS; Washington, DC)
- Scottish Stroke Research Network (UK)
- Social Science Research Network
- Soft Switch Radio Network (Motorola)
- Single-Stranded RNA
- Surface Ship Radiated Noise Measurement
- Sagittal Split Ramus Osteotomy (maxillofacial surgery)
- Sector Scan Receive Only
- Service, Support, Research and Others (International Organization for Standardization)
- Site Specific Research Organization (healthcare)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Astronauts are using this Space Station Remote Manipulator System (SSRMS) trainer - a 55.
Who: SGI What: Guests and the media will have the opportunity to: * virtually land the space shuttle using NASA's Ascent/Entry Trainer, * use NASA's prototype part task trainer used by the astronauts to train for the Space Station Remote Manipulator System (robot arm), * get a very detailed virtual reality look at the surface of Mars at the Pathfinder landing site.