Thanks to their insights into how sleep deprivation, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor antidepressants, and caffeine combine to influence long-term memory in fruit flies, Mary Douglas and Alison Liu, both 17, of Manhasset (New York) High School are headed to September's European Union Contest for Young Scientists in Stockholm.
What does SSRI stand for?
SSRI stands for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor Antidepressant
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSRI
We have 66 other meanings of SSRI in our Acronym Attic
- Strategic Supplier Relationship Group
- System Support Reference Guide
- Seventh Sense Research Group Journals (India)
- Selective Saturation Recovery with Gradient Refocusing
- Small Scale Research Grant Scheme (Mauritius)
- Sehgal School of Revolutionized Homoeopathy (India; est. 1983)
- South Shore Regional Hospital (Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada)
- Sus Scrofa Radiation Hybrid (biochemical genetics)
- Secure Storage and Retrieval of Information
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor
- Sliding-Scale Regular Insulin
- Social Science Research Institute (various locations)
- Social Survey Research Information Co., Ltd. (market research company; est. 1982; Japan)
- Special Supporting Research Initiatives
- Supply System Responsibility Items
- Social Science Research and Instructional Council (California State University)
- Soil Science Research Information Compendium (Benguet State University)
- Social Science Research Laboratory (San Diego State University; California)
- South Shore Regional Library (Florida)
- Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Laboratory (now Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource; National Accelerator Laboratory; Menlo Park, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
McCombs, "Selective Contracting and Patient Outcomes: A Case Study of Formulary Restrictions for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor Antidepressants," American Journal of Managed Care, Vol.