The radar combines the benefits of the X-band AN/SPY-3 Multi-Function Radar and the S-band Volume Search Radar (VSR), which operate together in a complementary manner.
What does S-VSR stand for?
S-VSR stands for S-Band Volume Search Radar
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Satellite Universal Mobile Telecommunications System
- Shortening vs. Voltage (electrical term)
- Serum Concentrations of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor
- Super VHS
- Separated Video (same as Y/C, Luminance and Chrominance)
- Service Virtual Local Area Network
- Stacked Virtual Local Area Network (computer networking)
- Super Visually Perfect Algebraic Method (Casio)
- Steering-Assisted Vehicle Stability Control
- Semantically View Synchronous Multicast
- Static Wavelength Routed Optical Network
- Space Power Optimization with Zero-Forcing
- Space Power Optimization with Zero-Forcing with Successive Interference Cancellation
- Sport Association
- Scalp Averaged Auditory Evoked Potentials
- Sensu Lato (Latin: In the Wider Sense)
- Student Member American Society of Civil Engineers
- Sine Nomine (Latin: Without Name)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This 21st century system combines the benefits of the X-band AN/SPY-3 Multi-Function Radar and the S-band Volume Search Radar (VSR), providing superior performance in a broad range of environments against a variety of threats.
The Dual Band Radar is an integrated active phased-array radar suite composed of the X-band AN/SPY-3 Multi-Function Radar and the S-band Volume Search Radar, both of which radiated at high power during lightoff at the Navy's Engineering Test Center, Wallops Island, Va.