He details the lower layers of Bluetooth Low Energy, including single and dual-mode devices, the protocol stack from bottom to top, the main enhancements of each layer, and how the technology leads to reductions in power consumption; the upper layers, Logical Link Control and Adaptation Protocol, the Security Manager, the concept of attributes and Attribute Protocol, the Generic Access Profile, Generic Attribute Profile (GATT)-based profiles, and how to develop basic applications; and the testing and qualification process.
What does L2CAP stand for?
L2CAP stands for Logical Link Control and Adaptation Protocol
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Lymphomas Expressed CD20 (HIV medicine)
- Learn to Aim (gaming slang)
- Lineage 2 Adena
- London to Brighton
- Laser Laminated Ball Grid Array
- Layer 2 Control
- Learn to Code (computer programming)
- Learning to Collaborate (research project)
- Load to Card
- Lineage 2 - the Chaotic Chronicle (gaming)
- Layer 2 Control Protocol (computing)
- Lineage 2 Documentation Project
- Layer Two Forwarding
- Level 2 Forwarding (computing)
- Light-To-Frequency Converter (imaging, semiconductor industry)
- Lineage 2 French Fan Site
- Layer 2 Forwarding Protocol
- LDAP-to-Giritech G/On
- Learn to Google (Internet slang)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1 specification implementing the Host Controller Interface (HCI) with the USB, UART, Transport Layers; the Logical Link Control and Adaptation Protocol (L2CAP); the Service Discovery Protocol (SDP); Serial Port Emulation (RFCOMM); the Telephony Control protocol Specification (TCS) and Synchronous Connection Oriented (SCO) connections; and Object Exchange (OBEX) functions.
The chip provides all controller functions, including the protocol stack up to the Logical Link Control and Adaptation Protocol (L2CAP).